Travel

Museum "Victory Memorial"

Vkontakte
Pinterest




The Victory Memorial Museum is located in the historical part of the city and, together with the Victory Square adjacent to it, make up a single ensemble. The author of this project was the People's Architect of Russia A.S. Demirkhanov. The memorial complex was erected on the 30th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War.

The opening of the memorial dedicated to Siberian Krasnoyarsk residents took place in May 1975. On the opening day in the city square, immediately in front of the Memorial building, Hero of the Soviet Union, a participant in the Great Patriotic War, D. D. Martynov lit the Eternal Flame.

Over the years of its existence, the museum has been rebuilt several times. For example, in 1975 it consisted only of the Hall of Remembrance, where there was a list of those who died in the Great Patriotic War of Krasnoyarsk. The central part of the hall was decorated with a circular panorama “The Grieving Mother”, which was made by the artist from Krasnoyarsk Dmitry Grigorovich. In 1985, an exposition hall was added to the memorial; today, exhibits telling about the events of 1941-1945 are presented here: samples of various weapons, soldier's equipment, personal items of soldiers, letters and documents of the war era. Here is one of the working versions of the monument, which was made by the Krasnoyarsk architect K. Zinich "Siberians - Defenders of Moscow." A little later, monuments were erected in honor of servicemen who died in local wars during peacetime, the participants in the liquidation of the Chernobyl accident, as well as the victims of Stalinist repressions.

In 2000, the memorial complex was reconstructed again - a domed roof was erected over the building, and the walls were faced with slabs with marble chips. Five years later, on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of Victory, a guest hall was added to the construction. Currently, there are annually held meetings of war veterans, festive events, various thematic exhibitions and even wedding ceremonies are organized.

Today in the museum you can see 20 paintings depicting monumental objects, the most famous monuments located in the hero cities where Siberian divisions fought.

History of creation

The ceremonial opening of the memorial complex took place on May 9, 1975. On that day, the Eternal Flame delivered from the Krasnoyarsk Red Square by an armored personnel carrier was lit. Eternal flame lit Hero of the Soviet Union, war veterans and. Land was also brought to the museum from mass graves in the Soviet Union - now it is stored in shell casings from artillery shells in the museum's memory hall.

By 1985, the Victory Memorial Museum was reconstructed - the building was supplemented by an exhibition hall, and a panorama of the “Mourning Mother” appeared by the artist D. Grigorovich in the Memory Hall. In 2000, the museum was reconstructed again, acquiring its modern look. At the moment, the museum has three rooms: the Hall of Remembrance, and the guest room.

The branch of the museum is the famous Cannon - a 122-mm howitzer of the 1938 model, located on Karaulnaya Gora. Every day at 12 o’clock the signal gun fires a shot symbolizing the connection between the history of the city and modernity. The first shot was fired in 2001.

Collections and Expositions

The Victory Memorial funds include personal items, letters, and documents of participants in the Great Patriotic War, which were transferred to the museum by veterans themselves and their relatives. In addition, part of the items was transferred to the museum by participants in the Russian search movement “Memory Watch”. Currently, the museum’s collections number about 2 thousand items, of which 1371 are items of the main fund.

The main exposition of the museum tells about the events of the Great Patriotic War that took place at the front and in the rear. Here are the statements of Krasnoyarsk citizens about joining the Red Army, soldier's gear, military uniforms, mock-ups of weapons, military action cards. A special place in the exposition is given to the contribution of the Krasnoyarsk Territory and its inhabitants to the achievement of Victory: separate stands are dedicated to the Krasnoyarsk military formations - the 119th and 309th rifle divisions, the 78th volunteer brigade, the battle for Dixon, the work of the Alaska-Siberia air route, labor exploits the rear.

Entrance to the museum remains free. Every year, on Victory Day, thousands of Krasnoyarsk citizens come here to pay tribute to the fallen soldiers.

The Victory Memorial Museum is located at 660020, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Krasnoyarsk, ul. Dudinskaya, 2a. Website: memorial24.ru.

Victory Memorial

The museum building and Victory Square are made in a single architectural ensemble.


The museum offers to visit expositions located in three halls: the Memory Hall, where the names of Krasnoyarsk residents who died during the Great Patriotic War are immortalized, the exposition and exhibition hall, which contains photographs, documents, personal items of soldiers and equipment from the time of the war. As well as a guest room where meetings of participants and veterans of the war and the rear are held annually.

On the territory of the museum there is a memorial square, where, as a sign of eternal memory and sorrow, there are 22 gravestones - burial places of soldiers who died in hospitals in Krasnoyarsk, and a monument to the liberator soldier. In front of the museum, at the monument "Union of the Front and the Rear", an eternal flame burns. When there was a pioneer organization in all schools, there was "Post No. 1". The best pioneers of Krasnoyarsk carried a guard of honor near the eternal flame.

Thousands of Krasnoyarsk residents and visitors come to the Victory Memorial Museum to honor the memory of those who defended our country and gave us peace. Entrance to the museum is free.

The branch of the museum is the famous “Cannon” located on the Karaulnaya Mountain of Krasnoyarsk. This is a 122 mm M-30 howitzer of the 1938 model. Every day at 12:00 a real cannon shot is heard. It symbolizes the permanence and connection of the history of the city and modernity. The first shot was fired on September 9, 2001.

  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">
  • Download this image "data-fresco-caption ="
    Download this image "target =" _ blank ">

Read also

Bronze Andrey Dubensky points his hand to the place where the Cossack prison was before. Now under the feet of the monument lies a whole city.

Peter Krasikov was a famous comrade-in-arms of V.I. Lenin. In the Krasnoyarsk house of a revolutionary, you can learn about his life and political activities. Krasikov's house-museum is less known than the museum-estate of the famous Krasnoyarsk artist Surikov. It is located in the city center on Lenin Street, 124. The building itself is of historical value: in the beginning of the 19th century, archpriest of the Cathedral of the Nativity Cathedral V.D. Kasyanov. During his lifetime, he was engaged in teaching and enlightening activities, took part in the maintenance of the city chronicle and requested the opening of schools and libraries in Krasnoyarsk. The second and more famous owner of the house, Pyotr Ananievich Krasikov (years of life 1870-1939), was a grandson of Kasyanov. He was born in Krasnoyarsk, and in his student years joined the revolutionary Bolshevik movement. For his active work in the Emancipation of Labor party, he was arrested and put in the Peter and Paul Fortress, and a year later, in 1895, he was exiled to Siberia to his parents. It was at this time that Krasikov met Lenin, who in 1897 often visited Krasnoyarsk. After home imprisonment in 1900, Peter Ananyevich left first for Pskov and then for St. Petersburg. And his house in 1970, it was decided to make a museum. First, the museum had an exhibition on the life and political activities of Krasikov, but then, in the 90s, the house became a branch of the Krasnoyarsk Regional Museum of Local Lore, and the number of expositions gradually increased. At the moment, an escape from surprise exhibition is operating in the house: this is an interactive exposition telling about the laws of physics and their application in the modern world. All presented exhibits can be touched, investigated, and amazing experiments can be carried out with them. For example, in the "Mechanics and Sound" section you can see how a genuine 19th century music box works. And in the "Communication and Image" section you can watch modern television channels on the first Soviet television receiver.

One of the most original monuments of our city, dedicated to one of the most important professions - water utility workers.

Krasnoyarsk Victory Memorial is a special place for Krasnoyarsk residents. Here everyone recalls the great price that our ancestors had to pay for the freedom of their homeland and the whole people.

Monument that opens the door to the past, in the Soviet era.

Museums and Monuments

Our city is famous for its historical heritage - museums that preserve the history of our ancestors, as well as numerous architectural monuments, which can be used to trace the most important events in the history of the development of Krasnoyarsk. We suggest you take a walk into the historical past, in which you can get acquainted with the most interesting museums in our city, read about how they appeared, what secrets are kept in their walls, and imbued with the spirit of the time when Krasnoyarsk was still completely different. And also learn a lot about architectural monuments scattered around our city, their creators, their historical significance for Krasnoyarsk residents.

Vkontakte
Pinterest